Angelina's Daughter Conceived After Rape



Zahara's birth mother was kind enough to let us all know that Zahara was the product of a rape. Nice goin', Mom!

As she walked home in the darkness, a man approached.
"He pulled a dagger, put one hand on my mouth, so that I could not scream. He then raped me and disappeared," said Mentwabe, tears streaming down her face.
The 24-year-old decided to keep the assault a secret.

"I feared the consequences of being raped in a community where rape is considered a taboo, even if what happened happened forcibly," she said.
As her belly swelled, Mentwabe could no longer hide her pregnancy and confided in her mother.
"It was not as I feared. I found my mother understanding and consoling. She urged me not to do anything rash, which might endanger my life.
"I do not dispute the adoption, and feel very fortunate that my daughter was adopted by this famous lady
."
dailymail