George Michael : Head Injury Made me a Pop Star




GEORGE MICHAEL says he only became a pop star because he suffered a BANG on the head.

The singer, 44, said that he had been interested in collecting insects until the accident at the age of eight.

After that he swapped his childhood hobby for listening to music.

He said: “It sounds bizarre but my interests changed in six months.

“I was obsessed with insects and creepy crawlies. I used to get up at five in the morning and go to a field behind our garden and collect them. Then I suffered a very hard injury to my head.

“But suddenly all I wanted to know about was music.”

He told KIRSTY YOUNG on Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs: “I have a theory that maybe it was something to do with this accident.”

George also sent out a message of support to troubled singer AMY WINEHOUSE, saying: “please understand how brilliant you are.”

I still don't get how he went from being hot, gay or not, to looking like this and having sex with old sweaty truckdrivers.