Good For Him


Gene Simmons works hard for his money. So he wants his children to do the same.

Gene says he won’t let his kids, Nick, 18, and Sophie, 15, live off his money when they are adults.

“What I wanna do is what every bird does in its nest - it forces the kids to go out there and figure it out for themselves.By the way, in terms of an inheritance and stuff, they’re gonna be taken care of, but they will never be rich off my money. Because every year they should be forced to get up out of bed and go out and work and make their own way.

The point is, there’s gonna be a yearly allowance so that their rent and their food and all that stuffs gonna be taken care of, but if you want riches, you should do that yourself - you should never thank your parents, ‘I was born into money.’ ‘Well, that’s nice, but what have you done lately?’

Because I don’t them to say, ‘Thanks, dad, for making me rich.’ No, you wanna be able to stand on your own two feet and say, ‘I did that
.’”