Nick Cannon: "I Fainted During Our Wedding Ceremony"




Mariah Carey fell in love with Nick Cannon while making her video Bye Bye
When asked how it feels to be married, Nick told press, “It feels amazing. My cheeks hurt from smiling so hard. I’ve been smiling for days.” And Mariah added , “It’s comforting–and something I’ve never felt before. Which is really being in love and happy with someone who really understands me and isn’t trying to do anything but make me happy. It’s wonderful.”

Mariah Carey Nick Cannon Bye Bye video
I love his wedding ring and watch combo, it's seriously the sweetest thing I've ever seen
Nick Cannon wedding ring New York 8 May 2008

Nick proposed to Mariah on April 26 on the roof of her Manhattan apartment as they watched a lighting display on the Empire State Building to celebrate the success of her new album E=MC2.


Nick surprised Mariah by presenting her with a kids' ring pop candy ring, which had a $2.5
million, 17 carat diamond ring hidden inside the plastic casing.

Nick said: "She ran away and got all shy."

During a helicopter ride over the city later that night, Nick proposed again and Mariah "finally" accepted.

Just days later, the couple wed in a sunset ceremony at Mariah's home on Windermere Island in the presence of a few friends and family members.

Mariah Carey Nick Cannon New York 8 May 2008

Mariah explained: "We really do feel we are soulmates. I never felt a love like this was in the cards for me."

"My pastor Clarence Keaton flew in from New York. The whole wedding was really beautiful and sweet. Being there with loved ones under the sky ... it was a spiritual moment."

Mariah walked down the aisle in an off-white dress by Nile Cmylo and Christian Louboutin heels, while Nick wore a white suit by Balenciaga.

Nick admitted he fainted during the ceremony: "I was elated, and I was thinking, 'Don't pass out.

The pastor said, 'The eyes are the window to the soul,' then gave us an entire minute to stare into each other's eyes. So I was saying, 'Don't cry," and then I just hit the floor." (Now that's true love)