The Quaids Will Sue

Dennis Quaid tells the story of how his newborn twins almost died after being given a mistaken dose of medication last November.

Quaid's babies Thomas Boone and Zoe Grace were hospitalized due to a suspected infection, and then mistakenly given an overdose of Heparin, which is a blood thinner normally given to adults.

"Our kids are bleeding from everyplace that they've punctured," says Quaid. "They were working on Boone, whose belly button would not stop bleeding - blood squirted across the room. It was blood everywhere. It was a life-and-death situation," Quaid describes in an interview that will air on 60 Minutes this Sunday.

Quaid and his wife Kimberly are suing Baxter International, the drug manufacturer.