Celebrating Fifty Years Of Wally Cleaver















Recent cast photo above (photo 2) shows June, Wally, Beaver, Eddie and Lumpy.. where is June's neck!

I don't trust anyone who doesn't love Leave it to Beaver. Didn't you always wonder what happened to them? Now that the series is fifty years old, let's find out!

Hugh Beaumont was an ordained minister, who never really liked Beaver (Jerry Mathers) much. Imagine that! Jerry Mathers was and is a creep. I spent some time with him in 1995 and I was repulsed. On the other hand, Ken Osmond, (Eddie Haskell) was one of the nicest people I ever met.

Hugh Beaumont, (Ward Cleaver), suffered a stroke in 1972 and died on a vakay in Germany in 1982. Ken Osmond (Eddie) became a motorcycle traffic cop in 1970, and later went into flipping houses. Frank Bank (Lumpy Rutheford) became a highly successful municipal bonds broker in Palm Springs. Tony Dow, (Wally Cleaver), the love of my life, studied filmmaking and became a successful producer and director for the USA Network.

Jerry Mathers? WHAT A LOSER! He tried to start a band called Beaver and the Trappers and was booed off the stage. His record, pictured here, contained the lyrics : "Blowin' my mind" and "Comin' down". The record became number one in Alaska and Hawaii because people thought Beaver was on drugs. Ha! Ha! Then, (how did I miss this?!) he became a spokesperson for Jenny Craig. Ha! Ha! Didn't work. He is a bitter, anger loser who thinks he's cool. No one likes him.

Barbara Billingsley is really really old. She's 91 now. Tony Dow is in the process of building luxury condiminiums. He is also a sculptor of modern art, and one of his bronze pieces is in the garden of his TV Mom, Barbara (June). My favorite thing I found out is that June still has dinner with Wally at least once a month, as he lives nearby her ON PURPOSE! "I try to speak with her every week," Wally says about June. Then of course, Beaver has to try to be cool and interrupts, "Barbara sang at my mom's 80th birthday party three months ago!". No one asked, Beaver.